R42.50 – R85.00Incl. VAT
R42.50 – R85.00Incl. VAT
Choose between 500g or 1kg portion
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Cubed boneless springbok meat
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 700 gram / 1.54 pounds springbok meat, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, cut into slices, washed and drained
- 1 heaped tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups venison stock
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tsp. medium hot mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 heaped tsp. plain paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. Carolina Reaper chilli powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- Spice meat with a little salt, pepper, cumin and paprika powder and keep the remaining spices for later use
- Add oil to a large skillet / pan and warm it up on medium hot heat
- Add the meat and fry it on all sides till it is sealed and is beginning to brown
- Add onions and carrots and saute them for about 7 to 8 minutes minutes or till the onions are beginning to brown, stirring regularly
- Add garlic, bell peppers, tomato paste and leeks and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add beer, stock, mustard and the remaining salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and paprika powder, stir all and bring to a gentle boil, if necessary reduce the heat and let the Goulash gently boil for 60 minutes, stirring it a few times.
- The sauce should have reduced quite a bit by now, if needed ad a little more water
- Cover skillet with lid, reduce the heat and let goulash simmer for another 60 minutes, stirring it a few times during this time
- Add the sour cream, stir briefly, sample the sauce, add salt and pepper to taste if desired, cover again and let goulash simmer for another 5 minutes
- Take of the stove and serve springbok goulash hot with pasta or salt potatoes