R84.46 Incl. VAT
R84.46 Incl. VAT
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Cubed boneless springbok meat
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 700 gram / 1.54 pounds springbok meat, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, cut into slices, washed and drained
- 1 heaped tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups venison stock
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tsp. medium hot mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 heaped tsp. plain paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. Carolina Reaper chilli powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- Spice meat with a little salt, pepper, cumin and paprika powder and keep the remaining spices for later use
- Add oil to a large skillet / pan and warm it up on medium hot heat
- Add the meat and fry it on all sides till it is sealed and is beginning to brown
- Add onions and carrots and saute them for about 7 to 8 minutes minutes or till the onions are beginning to brown, stirring regularly
- Add garlic, bell peppers, tomato paste and leeks and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add beer, stock, mustard and the remaining salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and paprika powder, stir all and bring to a gentle boil, if necessary reduce the heat and let the Goulash gently boil for 60 minutes, stirring it a few times.
- The sauce should have reduced quite a bit by now, if needed ad a little more water
- Cover skillet with lid, reduce the heat and let goulash simmer for another 60 minutes, stirring it a few times during this time
- Add the sour cream, stir briefly, sample the sauce, add salt and pepper to taste if desired, cover again and let goulash simmer for another 5 minutes
- Take of the stove and serve springbok goulash hot with pasta or salt potatoes