R238.00 Incl. VAT
R238.00 Incl. VAT
Portioned in 2kg roasts
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Silverside is leaner than Topside and can be used as inexpensive roasting joint, but the lean meat yields much better results as a slowly cooked pot roast
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Roast silverside of Scotch Beef PGI
- 2kg boned and rolled Scotch Beef PGI silverside
- 1 tbsp beef dripping or butter
- Salt and black pepper
- 8-12 small red onions, peeled and slit in a cross at the pointed end (so that they do not burst in the oven)
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Rub the rolled silverside joint with the beef dripping and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Put the joint into a roasting tin and into the hot oven for 15 minutes to brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Add the onions, garlic, and thyme around the beef with about 100ml of water. Cover with foil and cook for about 1½ hours for medium, basting from time to time and adding a little more water if necessary. This will keep the meat moist. Re-cover with the foil each time.
- Uncover the meat for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the meat to a warm serving dish to rest with the onions and garlic, cover well and keep it warm.
- Slice the beef and serve a couple of slices per person with the soft onions, a piece of garlic and your choice of vegetables.