R230.00 Incl. VAT
R230.00 Incl. VAT
Portioned in 2kg roasts
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Silverside is leaner than Topside and can be used as inexpensive roasting joint, but the lean meat yields much better results as a slowly cooked pot roast
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Roast silverside of Scotch Beef PGI
- 2kg boned and rolled Scotch Beef PGI silverside
- 1 tbsp beef dripping or butter
- Salt and black pepper
- 8-12 small red onions, peeled and slit in a cross at the pointed end (so that they do not burst in the oven)
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Rub the rolled silverside joint with the beef dripping and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Put the joint into a roasting tin and into the hot oven for 15 minutes to brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Add the onions, garlic, and thyme around the beef with about 100ml of water. Cover with foil and cook for about 1½ hours for medium, basting from time to time and adding a little more water if necessary. This will keep the meat moist. Re-cover with the foil each time.
- Uncover the meat for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the meat to a warm serving dish to rest with the onions and garlic, cover well and keep it warm.
- Slice the beef and serve a couple of slices per person with the soft onions, a piece of garlic and your choice of vegetables.