- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Lamb shoulder on the bone 2kg – 3kg
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Slow-roasted shoulder of lamb
- 2kg lamb shoulder
- 3 onions, each sliced into 3 thick discs
For the marinade
- 1 shallot, halved
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 anchovies
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp coriander seeds toasted
- ½ tsp pink peppercorns
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
- small bunch of mint leaves chopped
- 70ml white wine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- zest and juice 1 lemon
For the gremolata
- zest ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Make the marinade. Blitz 1 halved shallot, 4 garlic cloves, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 anchovies, ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds, ½ tsp toasted coriander seeds, ½ tsp pink peppercorns, 2 tbsp rosemary leaves, leaves from 1 thyme sprig, chopped leaves from a small bunch mint, 70ml white wine, 4 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp brown sugar and zest of juice of 1 lemon in a food processor.
- Pierce 2kg lamb shoulder all over with a sharp knife, put it in a large roasting tin and slather the marinade onto the meat, coating thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hrs, preferably overnight.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge at least half an hour before you cook it to bring it to room temperature. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Put 3 onions, each sliced into 3 thick disks, in the roasting tin, resting the lamb on top. Cover with tented foil and roast for 5 hrs, basting the meat occasionally.
- Remove from the oven, transfer the lamb to a board and allow to rest, covered, for at least 30 mins.
- Return the tin of onions and marinating juices to the oven to keep warm.
- Combine zest ½ lemon, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp finely chopped mint in a bowl.
- Pull the lamb apart with forks and serve with the roasted onions and gremolata scattered over.
- Skim off any fat from the juices and serve alongside the lamb.