Lamb Shoulder Whole
Lamb Shoulder Whole
2kg Lamb shoulder on the bone.
- Delivery Information
- Cut Diagram
Lamb shoulder on the bone 2kg.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Slow-roasted shoulder of lamb
- 2kg lamb shoulder
- 3 onions, each sliced into 3 thick discs
For the marinade
- 1 shallot, halved
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 anchovies
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp coriander seeds toasted
- ½ tsp pink peppercorns
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
- small bunch of mint leaves chopped
- 70ml white wine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- zest and juice 1 lemon
For the gremolata
- zest ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Make the marinade. Blitz 1 halved shallot, 4 garlic cloves, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 anchovies, ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds, ½ tsp toasted coriander seeds, ½ tsp pink peppercorns, 2 tbsp rosemary leaves, leaves from 1 thyme sprig, chopped leaves from a small bunch mint, 70ml white wine, 4 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp brown sugar and zest of juice of 1 lemon in a food processor.
- Pierce 2kg lamb shoulder all over with a sharp knife, put it in a large roasting tin and slather the marinade onto the meat, coating thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hrs, preferably overnight.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge at least half an hour before you cook it to bring it to room temperature. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Put 3 onions, each sliced into 3 thick disks, in the roasting tin, resting the lamb on top. Cover with tented foil and roast for 5 hrs, basting the meat occasionally.
- Remove from the oven, transfer the lamb to a board and allow to rest, covered, for at least 30 mins.
- Return the tin of onions and marinating juices to the oven to keep warm.
- Combine zest ½ lemon, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp finely chopped mint in a bowl.
- Pull the lamb apart with forks and serve with the roasted onions and gremolata scattered over.
- Skim off any fat from the juices and serve alongside the lamb.