- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
A tasty budget mince containing vegetable, soya and meat
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Savoury mince and rice
- A tablespoon of olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- A 500g pack of beef mince
- 400g carrots (peeled and diced)
- 400g potatoes (peeled and diced)
- A sizable onion (finely chopped)
- A cup of tomato puree
- Two tablespoons of beef gravy powder
- 200g pack button mushrooms (quartered)
- A small cup of steamed corn and peas
- Steamed white rice
- Use a large frying pan to heat your oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and beef mince and then stir continuously with a wooden spoon to break the mince.
- Leave it to cook until the mince has browned (for about 6 to 8 minutes).
- Add a cup of water, the gravy powder, and the tomato puree.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- You can now add the diced carrots and potatoes at this point.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste, and then cover it and leave it to boil.
- Once it has boiled, reduce the heat to a medium-low and leave it to simmer until the potatoes are just tender (for about 20 minutes).
- Be sure to stir continuously.
- Add the pea and mushroom mixture, and let it cook for about 5 minutes until it has cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!