R24.00 Incl. VAT
R24.00 Incl. VAT
Packed in 500g portions
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
A tasty budget mince containing vegetable, soya and meat
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Savoury mince and rice
- A tablespoon of olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- A 500g pack of beef mince
- 400g carrots (peeled and diced)
- 400g potatoes (peeled and diced)
- A sizable onion (finely chopped)
- A cup of tomato puree
- Two tablespoons of beef gravy powder
- 200g pack button mushrooms (quartered)
- A small cup of steamed corn and peas
- Steamed white rice
- Use a large frying pan to heat your oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and beef mince and then stir continuously with a wooden spoon to break the mince.
- Leave it to cook until the mince has browned (for about 6 to 8 minutes).
- Add a cup of water, the gravy powder, and the tomato puree.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- You can now add the diced carrots and potatoes at this point.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste, and then cover it and leave it to boil.
- Once it has boiled, reduce the heat to a medium-low and leave it to simmer until the potatoes are just tender (for about 20 minutes).
- Be sure to stir continuously.
- Add the pea and mushroom mixture, and let it cook for about 5 minutes until it has cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!