- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef rump cubes on a skewer
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Monkey Gland Rump Kebabs
- 1 kg rump steak with good layer of fat
- Monkey Gland Marinade:
- oil for frying
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 cup hot fruit chutney
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider or malt vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp hot chilli sauce (optional)
- Good pinch of salt
- Fry the onion until soft and translucent over a gentle heat
- Add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes or so until thickened
- Slice the rump into 1 cm thick strips
- Marinade in 2 thirds of the monkey gland sauce for at least an hour
- Thread the marinated strips of rump onto kebab sticks (if using wooden stick pre-soak them in water to make sure they do not catch alight)
- Braai over medium coals, basting with the marinade and turning regularly until cooked to the desired level of doneness
- Warm up the left over third of the sauce and serve with the kebabs