- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef rump cubes on a skewer
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Monkey Gland Rump Kebabs
- 1 kg rump steak with good layer of fat
- Monkey Gland Marinade:
- oil for frying
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 cup hot fruit chutney
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider or malt vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp hot chilli sauce (optional)
- Good pinch of salt
- Fry the onion until soft and translucent over a gentle heat
- Add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes or so until thickened
- Slice the rump into 1 cm thick strips
- Marinade in 2 thirds of the monkey gland sauce for at least an hour
- Thread the marinated strips of rump onto kebab sticks (if using wooden stick pre-soak them in water to make sure they do not catch alight)
- Braai over medium coals, basting with the marinade and turning regularly until cooked to the desired level of doneness
- Warm up the left over third of the sauce and serve with the kebabs