- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Spicy braai wors in a pork casing
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Spicy Boerewors Pasta
- 600 g spicy sausage or boerewors
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 baby marrow, chopped
- 2 x 410 g can Rhodes Tomato Italian Style
- 4 x 250 ml (4 C) cooked penne pasta
- to serve: 3 T ( ¼ C) fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan cheese
- Remove the sausage or boerewors from its casing.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sausage meat until almost cooked.
- Remove the sausage meat from the pan and set aside.
- Discard excess fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the aubergine, pepper and baby marrow and fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Tomato Italian Style.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Return the sausage meat to the pan.
- Continue to simmer the sauce for a further 5 minutes or until the sausage meat is cooked through.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the sauce and toss well to mix.
- Serve immediately with the fresh basil leaves and sprinkled with the parmesan cheese.