- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Spicy braai wors in a pork casing
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Spicy Boerewors Pasta
- 600 g spicy sausage or boerewors
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 baby marrow, chopped
- 2 x 410 g can Rhodes Tomato Italian Style
- 4 x 250 ml (4 C) cooked penne pasta
- to serve: 3 T ( ¼ C) fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan cheese
- Remove the sausage or boerewors from its casing.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sausage meat until almost cooked.
- Remove the sausage meat from the pan and set aside.
- Discard excess fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the aubergine, pepper and baby marrow and fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Tomato Italian Style.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Return the sausage meat to the pan.
- Continue to simmer the sauce for a further 5 minutes or until the sausage meat is cooked through.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the sauce and toss well to mix.
- Serve immediately with the fresh basil leaves and sprinkled with the parmesan cheese.