- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Frozen cubed pork knuckle on the bone
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Pork stew with herby dumplings
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1,2kg pork shoulder, cut into large chunks
- 2 large onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 bulb of fennel, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 400ml white wine
- 600ml hot chicken or pork stock
- zest of 1 lemon, pared into strips with a veg peeler
For the dumplings:
- 250g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 125g cold butter
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 180°C. In a large casserole dish, heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the pork in batches until really browned all over. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Add a splash of water to deglaze the pan. Taste the juices and keep if they’re tasty, but discard them if they taste burnt.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, until golden. Stir in the flour, add the pork back to the pan with the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Put in the oven for 2 hrs until the pork is really tender, stirring once. Add a splash of boiling water if you’d like more gravy.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and nutmeg in a bowl, season, then coarsely grate in the butter. Mix in until crumbly, stir in the parsley, then add about 4 tbsp cold water to make a soft dough. Roll into about 12 small balls. Drop into the cooked casserole, cover and cook for a further 20 mins, uncovering for the final 5 mins.