- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Imported frozen pork belly ribs, packed in a 10kg box
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Sticky Chinese barbecue pork belly (char siu)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Shaoxing wine (rice vinegar or a dry sherry can be used instead)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon red food colouring(optional for that beautiful red colour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 6 pork belly/spare ribs
- 1 shallot , to garnish
Additional Glaze (Optional):
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Chinese wine (Shaoxing or dry sherry)
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4teaspoon red food colouring
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, wine, honey, sugar, garlic, colouring (if using) and spice powder in a shallow bowl. Whisk well to combine. Pour half of the sauce into a jug and reserve for later. Add the pork into the bowl with the remaining sauce. Rotate to cover completely and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours, or cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- After marinading, preheat oven to grill/broil settings on medium heat (176°C | 350°F). Drain pork and discard the marinade. Line a baking pan with baking/parchment paper or aluminium foil. Place pork onto pan and grill/broil for 30 minutes on one side, basting two or three times with the reserved marinade. Rotate with tongs and baste again with the marinade twice again while grilling/broiling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- If you like additional glaze, combine all of the (extra) glaze ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes until the sauce has thickened (keep your eye on it as it can burn easily if the heat is too high). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut pork into thick slices to serve. Serve over steamed rice and/or vegetables with the extra glaze.