R163.01 Incl. VAT
R163.01 Incl. VAT
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Our own produced shaped, brined, cooked and sliced beef silverside with Pastrami spiced rub
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Pastrami and Caramelized Onion grilled cheese.
This sandwich is cheesy, crisp and a grilled cheese lover’s dream.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more if needed
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup dark beer
- 2 ounces deli-shaved pastrami
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 cups grated Jarlsberg cheese about 6 ounces
- 4 slices pumpernickel or dark rye bread
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion and sprinkle with the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Cook on low heat stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 20-25 minutes (to speed the process up you can cover the pan). Add the beer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the onions are extremely tender and the liquid is slightly syrupy, about 8 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Transfer the onions to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan add the pastrami and lightly crisp the meat until just warmed through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lightly butter the outsides of all four pieces of bread. On the inside of the bread, divide half of the cheese between 2 of the bread slices. Top each piece of bread with equal amounts of hot pastrami, and onions. Top with the remaining cheese and then place remaining 2 pieces of bread on top of the cheese (buttered side facing out).
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula until the bread is toasted and the cheese melts, about 4 minutes per side, adding more butter to the pan if needed.