- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1.5 kg oxtail
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 birds eye chilies, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 leeks, finely chopped
- 125 g good quality bacon, chopped
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup good quality concentrated beef stock
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 2 glasses of red wine
- 1 handful fresh rosemary and thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large iron cast pot or casserole dish. Brown the pieces of meat, and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chili, onion, leeks, bacon and carrots to the pot, and fry for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the stock, tin of tomatoes, and wine. Put the meat back into the liquid, add the herbs, bay leaves and season.
- Leave to slow cook on low heat for 5 hours, covered, stirring every now and then.
- After cooking time, you can remove the meat from the liquid and turn up the heat to reduce the juices.
- Season to taste, serve with mashed cauliflower and rainbow carrots.