R27.00 Incl. VAT
R27.00 Incl. VAT
Price per kg
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Sliced or whole marrow pipes
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Roasted Bone Marrow
- Four (3-inch) Marrow bones
- Coarse sea salt
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice water and add 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt per 1 cup water.
- Add the marrow bones and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, changing the water every 4 hours and replacing the salt each time. Drain and refrigerate until you’re ready to roast the marrow. This removes the blood and any impurities from the marrow. Drain the bones and pat them dry.
- Be sure to roast the soaked marrow within 24 hours or freeze the drained bones for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the drained and dried marrow bones in a roasting pan. If the bones are cut crosswise, place them standing up; if the bones are cut lengthwise, place them cut side up. Roast for 15 to 25 minutes, until the marrow has puffed slightly and is warm in the center. To test for doneness, insert a metal skewer into the center of the bone, then touch it to your wrist to gauge the marrow’s temperature; the roasted bone marrow should be very hot. There should be no resistance when the skewer is inserted and some of the marrow will have started to leak from the bones. Serve the roasted bone marrow immediately with spoons for scooping.