R175.00 Incl. VAT
R175.00 Incl. VAT
Priced per kg
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Lamb steak is tender and delicious, as long as it’s cooked to rare or medium-rare, just 2 minutes per side and a few more seconds on the edges. Lamb steak is a nutritious, delicious, and quick alternative to cooking a whole leg of lamb.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125g spinach
- A small bunch of fresh basil
- 2 x 150g oiled and seasoned British lamb leg steaks
- 250g quick-cook polenta
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a medium saucepan and fry the chopped garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add spinach and most of the fresh basil leaves, then continue to cook until wilted. Transfer to a mini food processor (keep the pan handy) and whizz to a paste (or grind in a pestle and mortar), then stir in 2 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan until smoking hot and fry the lamb steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest while you cook the polenta. Pour 1 litre freshly boiled water into the reserved saucepan, then add the polenta, stirring, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it has absorbed the water and thickened. Stir in the grated, three-quarters of the spinach/basil paste, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the lemon zest.
- Slice the lamb steaks and serve on top of the polenta with the remaining spinach/basil paste.