R144.90 Incl. VAT
R144.90 Incl. VAT
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125g spinach
- A small bunch of fresh basil
- 2 x 150g oiled and seasoned British lamb leg steaks
- 250g quick-cook polenta
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a medium saucepan and fry the chopped garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add spinach and most of the fresh basil leaves, then continue to cook until wilted. Transfer to a mini food processor (keep the pan handy) and whizz to a paste (or grind in a pestle and mortar), then stir in 2 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan until smoking hot and fry the lamb steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest while you cook the polenta. Pour 1 litre freshly boiled water into the reserved saucepan, then add the polenta, stirring, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it has absorbed the water and thickened. Stir in the grated, three-quarters of the spinach/basil paste, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the lemon zest.
- Slice the lamb steaks and serve on top of the polenta with the remaining spinach/basil paste.