R101.37 Incl. VAT
R101.37 Incl. VAT
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Sliced or diced lamb neck
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Red Wine-Braised Lamb Neck
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds lamb neck, cut into 2-inch pieces (22 pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- One 750-milliliter bottle red wine
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 small shallots, peeled
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Season the lamb neck pieces liberally with salt and pepper. Sear, turning as needed, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
2. Add the celery, carrots, and onion to the pot, and cook stirring as needed, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, 2 minutes, then add the tomato paste and cook until caramelized, 5 minutes more.
3. Deglaze the pot with the chicken stock and red wine. Bring to a simmer, then add the seared lamb, thyme and plum tomatoes. Return to a simmer, then cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2½ hours, then remove the lid and stir in the shallots. Continue cooking for 30 minutes more.
4. Remove the pot from the oven and transfer the lamb and shallots to a bowl. Strain the cooking liquid, discarding the vegetable solids, then return it to the pot, along with the cooked lamb and shallots, cherry tomatoes and olives. Season with salt and pepper, then serve.