- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Forequarter lamb knuckle whole 500g – 700g
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
SLOW COOKED LAMB KNUCKLE
- 2 kg lamb knuckles
- NOMU Sea Salt
- NOMU Black Pepper
- Flour to dust
- NOMU Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp NOMU Lamb Rub
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup good red wine
- 400g chopped tomatoes (fresh or tinned)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp NOMU Concentrated Liquid Lamb Stock Stirred into 500ml of hot water
- A handful of chopped Italian parsley
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Dust the knuckles with NOMU Sea Salt, Black Pepper and flour. Add a splash of NOMU Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a heavy-based casserole pot (such as Le Creuset) and brown the knuckles well. You will have to do this in batches, otherwise, they will stew instead of brown.
- Set the knuckles aside. In the same pot, add garlic and sauté for a few more minutes. Pour in the red wine and deglaze the butter, another glug of olive oil if necessary, the NOMU Lamb Rub and the onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent, then add the carrots, celery, and pan. Add the knuckles, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off so that the alcohol evaporates. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and prepared lamb stock. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Make sure the lid is firmly on before placing in the preheated oven for at least 2 hours until the lamb is fall-off-the-bone tender. Check the seasoning and serve on creamy mashed potatoes. Garnish with roughly chopped Italian parsley, lemon zest, and shavings of parmesan.