Pork Kassler Chop
Pork Kassler Chop
Packed 4 x 150g chops (total product weight 600g)
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Smoked pork loin chop on the bone.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Kassler Chops with Ginger & Honey Glaze recipe
Low carb recipe for oven-baked Kassler Chops with a ginger honey glaze
- 4 Kassler chops
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 40g fresh ginger – peel and grate finely
- 100g green beans – trim off ends and cut in half
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cabbage – slice finely
- 4 courgettes – trim off ends and slice finely (3mm)
- olive oil, salt and pepper (from your pantry)
- Preheat the oven grill. Place the oven rack one setting higher than the middle of the oven.
- Place the chops in a roasting pan or large casserole dish (they must not overlap). Mix the honey, ginger and soy in a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour mixture over the Kassler chops and turn chops to coat in the sauce.
- Grill chops for 20 minutes, turning and basting with the sauce every 3 to 4 minutes. When done, remove chops and set aside to rest.
- Prepare the beans, cabbage and courgettes as indicated above.
- Heat a glug of olive oil and the sesame oil in a large saucepan on medium to high heat. Add the green beans, cabbage and courgettes and stir fry (stir frequently) until they are just tender, but still a little crunchy, about 5 or 6 minutes. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- To serve, pile the stir fried veggies onto the plates and top with a Kassler chop. Drizzle over any remaining pan juices from the chops.