- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Smoked pork loin chop on the bone
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Kassler Chops with Ginger & Honey Glaze recipe
Low carb recipe for oven-baked Kassler Chops with a ginger honey glaze
- 4 Kassler chops
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 40g fresh ginger – peel and grate finely
- 100g green beans – trim off ends and cut in half
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cabbage – slice finely
- 4 courgettes – trim off ends and slice finely (3mm)
- olive oil, salt and pepper (from your pantry)
- Preheat the oven grill. Place the oven rack one setting higher than the middle of the oven.
- Place the chops in a roasting pan or large casserole dish (they must not overlap). Mix the honey, ginger and soy in a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour mixture over the Kassler chops and turn chops to coat in the sauce.
- Grill chops for 20 minutes, turning and basting with the sauce every 3 to 4 minutes. When done, remove chops and set aside to rest.
- Prepare the beans, cabbage and courgettes as indicated above.
- Heat a glug of olive oil and the sesame oil in a large saucepan on medium to high heat. Add the green beans, cabbage and courgettes and stir fry (stir frequently) until they are just tender, but still a little crunchy, about 5 or 6 minutes. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- To serve, pile the stir fried veggies onto the plates and top with a Kassler chop. Drizzle over any remaining pan juices from the chops.