R180.61 Incl. VAT
R180.61 Incl. VAT
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Boneless cubed lamb from the leg or shoulder.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Slow-Cooked Lamb Goulash
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg field&flower lamb shoulder
- 200g field&flower cooking chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2tbsp sweet paprika
- 1tbsp hot paprika
- 2tsp caraway seeds
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed & finely chopped
- 3 peppers (red, yellow & orange), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- The night before – mix the lamb with the paprika (sweet & hot), salt and freshly ground black pepper and place in a large sealed plastic bag. Seal it with a little trapped air and shake to coat the meat thoroughly. Unseal a corner of the bag, squeeze out the air and re-seal, creating a vacuum. Refrigerate overnight
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 160°C/Gas 3
- Remove lamb from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking, allowing it to reach room temperature
- In a large casserole pot, heat some olive oil and fry the lamb and chorizo on medium heat, browning on all sides. Remove from the pot and set to one side
- Add the caraway seeds to the pot to temper, followed by the onion, celery, and peppers. Fry until soft
- Add the meat back to the pan and top up with boiling water, just enough to cover the lamb. Put a lid on the pot and cook in the oven for 3 hours, or until the meat falls apart
- Serve with boiled potatoes, bread, and some pickles for a traditional Hungarian meal