- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
For cooking the gammon:
- 2kg/4lb 8oz unsmoked boneless gammon joint, tied
- 2 onions, halved
- 2 carrots, unpeeled, cut into 5cm/2in pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 5cm/2in pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 black peppercorns
- small handful cloves
For the glaze:
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp English Mustard
- Place the gammon joint into a large lidded saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Drain the water from the saucepan, add fresh cold water, the onions, carrots, celery, bay and peppercorns and bring to the boil once more. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer the gammon and vegetables gently for 20 minutes per 500g/1lb 2oz. (If your pan is not quite large enough to cover the joint completely, turn the gammon over halfway through the cooking time.)
- Remove the gammon from the water and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. (The cooking liquid can be strained and reserved for making soup for another time.)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and line a large roasting tin with kitchen foil.
- Use a small knife to remove the rind from the gammon joint, leaving as much of the fat intact as possible. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, and push a clove into the centre of each ‘X’.
- Place the gammon into the foil-lined roasting tray, ensuring that the sides of the foil come halfway up the joint to contain any roasting juices.
- For the glaze, mix the honey and mustard together and brush half of it evenly over the gammon, including one side of the joint. Roast in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes, then take the joint out and brush the top and remaining side with the rest of the glaze. Return the gammon to the oven for a further 10– 15 minutes, rotating the tin so that the opposite side of the gammon faces the back of the oven.
- The gammon is ready when the fat on top is glossy and golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if the top begins to look too brown. Remove the gammon from the oven and set aside to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour any juices that have collected in the kitchen foil into a small pan, and warm through gently.
- Carve the gammon, serve on a large platter and spoon over the warmed juices .
- Gammon cooking time: Simmer 20 minutes per 500g/1lb 2oz
- If the gammon is to be served cold, remove the joint from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes.