- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Our Rump Portions are cut into three sizes’
Should you want a different portion size please contact us.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Griddled rump steak with watercress, hazelnut & red chilli pesto
- 50g blanched hazelnuts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 85g watercress
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for griddling
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus 2 tsp
- 2 rump steaks, about 140g each
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray, then toast in the oven for 5-10 mins until golden (you can roast the garlic for the mash at the same time). Leave the nuts to cool a little. Put the cooled nuts, chilli, 50g of the watercress, 1½ tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic and some seasoning in a food processor, then blitz until finely chopped. The mixture shouldn’t be too smooth – there should still be some texture to the nuts. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Rub the steaks with a little oil, then season both sides with salt. Cook the steaks on the griddle for 2 mins on each side – this will give you medium-rare (cook for 3 mins for medium or 4 mins for well done, if you prefer). Remove from the griddle, then sit on a plate for 5 mins to rest. Stir any juices from the resting steak into the pesto – they’re delicious and shouldn’t be wasted.
- To serve, divide the Roasted garlic mash (recipe, below) between 2 plates, top with a little watercress, then sit a steak across it. Top the steaks with a large tbsp of the pesto and drizzle the rest of the balsamic over.