- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Our Rump Portions are cut into three sizes:
Should you want a different portion size please contact us.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Griddled rump steak with watercress, hazelnut & red chilli pesto
- 50g blanched hazelnuts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 85g watercress
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for griddling
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus 2 tsp
- 2 rump steaks, about 140g each
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray, then toast in the oven for 5-10 mins until golden (you can roast the garlic for the mash at the same time). Leave the nuts to cool a little. Put the cooled nuts, chilli, 50g of the watercress, 1½ tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic and some seasoning in a food processor, then blitz until finely chopped. The mixture shouldn’t be too smooth – there should still be some texture to the nuts. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Rub the steaks with a little oil, then season both sides with salt. Cook the steaks on the griddle for 2 mins on each side – this will give you medium-rare (cook for 3 mins for medium or 4 mins for well done, if you prefer). Remove from the griddle, then sit on a plate for 5 mins to rest. Stir any juices from the resting steak into the pesto – they’re delicious and shouldn’t be wasted.
- To serve, divide the Roasted garlic mash (recipe, below) between 2 plates, top with a little watercress, then sit a steak across it. Top the steaks with a large tbsp of the pesto and drizzle the rest of the balsamic over.