- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
The cut is from the free range rib roast, aka prime rib. To be considered a ribeye, the steak must be cut before the roast is cooked. The cuts are then sold as free range ribeye steaks. Free range prime rib cuts are larger than ribeye cuts since they include the ribeye and the bone.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Perfect Prime Rib Recipe
- 1 (3 – 4 bone) bone-in prime rib, about (10 – 10.5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Salt prime rib from one hour to up to five days prior to cooking and serving your prime rib. Once salted, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until an hour prior to cooking.
- An hour prior to cooking, remove the prime rib from the refrigerator, unwrap and place, bone side down, on a roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack and allow to reach room temperature. At this point add pepper or other seasonings, if using.
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Then, roast your prime rib for 15 minutes and reduce to 325º F until your prime rib reaches the desired internal temperature, usually 11 – 12 minutes per pound, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Using an internal meat thermometer, remove your prime rib from the oven about 2 – 4 degrees less than the desired serving final temperature you desire. The temperature of the prime rib will continue to rise due to carryover cooking. Tent prime rib with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place on a carving board for slicing and serve.