- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef Fillet is said to be the most tender cut available. We only stock top quality free range beef.
Our Free Range Beef Fillet Portions are cut into three sizes:
Should you want a different portion size please contact us.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Roast fillet of beef with roasted garlic and mustard cream
For the beef
- 1kg/2.2lb middle-cut thick fillet of beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 2 whole heads garlic
- 150ml/¼ pint mayonnaise
- 150ml/¼ pint full fat crème fraîche
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7 (fan 200C).
- Rub the fillet of beef with plenty of salt and pepper and the oil.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Fry the fillet on all sides until browned. Transfer to a roasting tin.
- Place the fillet in the centre of the roasting tin, arrange the whole garlic bulbs around the fillet and drizzle with a little oil. Roast for 23 minutes for medium-rare (only 20 minutes if it is a long, thin piece).
- When the beef is cooked, remove from the oven, cover with aluminium foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or you can leave it to cool, and then wrap in more foil and place in the fridge to cool completely.
- To make the sauce, cut the roasted garlic bulbs in half horizontally and squeeze the garlic paste from every single clove into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, crème fraîche and sugar.
- Blend to a smooth purée using a blender or food processor. Stir in the wholegrain mustard. Chill until ready to serve alongside the beef.
- Carve the beef into thin slices just before serving.