- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Frozen pork knuckle.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
A pork knuckle covered by a thick layer of fat, the Eisbein is a tender and aromatic German dish which needs to cook for a long time before it’s ready to be enjoyed. Use this easy recipe to achieve your perfect eisbein, and serve it with potatoes and sauerkraut.
- 2 cured and smoked shanks of pork
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly
- 1 bay leaf
- Add all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Fill the saucepan with water, enough to cover the ingredients.
- Bring the saucepan to the boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 1½ hours or until tender and the skin is soft.
- Once cooked, remove the shanks from the saucepan and pat them to dry.
- Score the skin diagonally across.
- Salt the skin well.
- Place the shanks under a hot grill and let the skin crisp up to form crackling.