R102.50 Incl. VAT
R102.50 Incl. VAT
Charged per 1.3kg tongue
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef tongue brined with bay leaves and peppercorns – 1.3kg each.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Corned beef tongue with mustard sauce
- 2kg corned beef tongue
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, left unpeeled and chopped
- sprig parsley
- stick of celery
- 6 peppercorns
- 5ml mustard powder
- 40g butter
- 30ml flour
- 450ml hot stock
- 150ml milk
- 20ml mustard powder
- 10 ml wholegrain mustard
- Place a tongue in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for 40 minutes per kilogram of the tongue, plus a further 20 minutes. (1,5 kg requires 80 minutes cooking time).
- Remove tongue from liquid and plunge into cold water. When cool enough to handle remove skin and trim at the throat.
- Allow to cool completely, preferably overnight, before carving into thin slices.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook, stirring to a roux.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Add stock and milk and bring to boil stirring until thickened.
- Add mustard powder and wholegrain mustard to taste and stir.
- Cool and serve with sliced tongue.