R102.50 Incl. VAT
R102.50 Incl. VAT
Charged per 1.3kg tongue
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef tongue brined with bay leaves and peppercorns – 1.3kg each.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Corned beef tongue with mustard sauce
- 2kg corned beef tongue
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, left unpeeled and chopped
- sprig parsley
- stick of celery
- 6 peppercorns
- 5ml mustard powder
- 40g butter
- 30ml flour
- 450ml hot stock
- 150ml milk
- 20ml mustard powder
- 10 ml wholegrain mustard
- Place a tongue in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for 40 minutes per kilogram of the tongue, plus a further 20 minutes. (1,5 kg requires 80 minutes cooking time).
- Remove tongue from liquid and plunge into cold water. When cool enough to handle remove skin and trim at the throat.
- Allow to cool completely, preferably overnight, before carving into thin slices.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook, stirring to a roux.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Add stock and milk and bring to boil stirring until thickened.
- Add mustard powder and wholegrain mustard to taste and stir.
- Cool and serve with sliced tongue.