R109.00 Incl. VAT
R109.00 Incl. VAT
Price per kg
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Dad’s Corned Beef
- 1 1/2 kg corned beef (silverside)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup brown vinegar
- A handful of whole cloves
- A handful of black peppercorns
- 1-2 bay leaves
White mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (I use wheat-free flour)
- 3/4 cup (190ml) milk
- reserved juices from the pot to make up liquid in the sauce (approx 1/2 cup)
- Wash the meat and place in a large saucepan then fill with water to basically cover the meat. Add in your sugar, vinegar, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Bring the pot to the boil and cover and simmer for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, take the meat out and scrape off any fat while it’s still hot. Let it sit and cool, then refrigerate if you’re using it later.
- To make the sauce; melt the margarine and then add the flour to make a thick paste.
- Stir in the mustard, then keep adding milk till you get the consistency you want. I keep it a little thick and then start adding the juices from the pan, along with the cooked cloves and peppercorns from the pan to get a nice thin sauce. This adds way more flavour than just adding the mustard.