- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Dad’s Corned Beef
- 1 1/2 kg corned beef (silverside)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup brown vinegar
- A handful of whole cloves
- A handful of black peppercorns
- 1-2 bay leaves
White mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (I use wheat-free flour)
- 3/4 cup (190ml) milk
- reserved juices from the pot to make up liquid in the sauce (approx 1/2 cup)
- Wash the meat and place in a large saucepan then fill with water to basically cover the meat. Add in your sugar, vinegar, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Bring the pot to the boil and cover and simmer for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, take the meat out and scrape off any fat while it’s still hot. Let it sit and cool, then refrigerate if you’re using it later.
- To make the sauce; melt the margarine and then add the flour to make a thick paste.
- Stir in the mustard, then keep adding milk till you get the consistency you want. I keep it a little thick and then start adding the juices from the pan, along with the cooked cloves and peppercorns from the pan to get a nice thin sauce. This adds way more flavour than just adding the mustard.