- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Argentinian style Chorizo for Asada / Braai
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Chorizo & apple sausage rolls
Puff pastry bites with a spicy kick – team Spanish paprika sausage with sweet apple and top with poppy seeds
- small knob of butter
- 1 small eating apple, peeled and finely diced
- 6 chorizo-style cooking sausages
- small handful parsley, chopped
- 375g pack puff pastry
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp poppy seed
- Put the butter and apple in a small pan and cook for 5 mins until the apple has softened, then cool.
- Remove the sausage skins and put the meat in a bowl. Add the cooled apple and the parsley, and mash everything together with a fork or your hands.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. roll out the pastry to a rectangle, roughly 32 x 20cm. Cut in half, so that you now have 2 long thin rectangles. Spoon the apple sauce down the centre of each piece of pastry. Shape the chorizo mixture into 2 long sausages and put on top of the apple sauce. Brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg, then bring the pastry together on one side to enclose the filling, and seal by pressing the pastry with a fork.
- Cut the sausage rolls into smaller pieces, each about 7cm long, and arrange on 2 baking trays. Brush with egg, then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cut small slashes into each roll. Bake for 25-30 mins, changing the trays over halfway through the cooking time. Delicious served warm, or cold on a picnic.