Chorizo Air Dried
Chorizo Air Dried
Priced per kg
- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Argentinian style Chorizo sausage, smoked and hung to air dry for 3 weeks
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Tortilla Espanola with Chorizo
Diced chorizo contributes a spicy note to tortilla espanola, a classic Spanish egg dish with potatoes and onion often served warm as an appetizer.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for skillet if needed
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces dried chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oil in a heavy 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add potatoes and onion, and season with salt. Cover, and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and onion to a bowl. Add chorizo to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Transfer chorizo and pan drippings to potato-onion mixture. Reserve skillet.
- Add eggs to potato-onion mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat skillet with more oil if needed, and heat over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; stir to combine and press to flatten. Cook, running a flexible spatula around the edges occasionally, until edges set and center is slightly runny, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place a plate, upside down, over skillet, and invert tortilla onto plate. Slide tortilla, cooked side up, back into skillet. Cook over low heat until completely set in the center, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate, and let cool slightly before cutting into squares or wedges.