- Delivery Information
- Additional information
Argentinian style Chorizo sausage, smoked and hung to air dry for 3 weeks
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Tortilla Espanola with Chorizo
Diced chorizo contributes a spicy note to tortilla espanola, a classic Spanish egg dish with potatoes and onion often served warm as an appetizer.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for skillet if needed
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces dried chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oil in a heavy 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add potatoes and onion, and season with salt. Cover, and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and onion to a bowl. Add chorizo to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Transfer chorizo and pan drippings to potato-onion mixture. Reserve skillet.
- Add eggs to potato-onion mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat skillet with more oil if needed, and heat over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; stir to combine and press to flatten. Cook, running a flexible spatula around the edges occasionally, until edges set and center is slightly runny, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place a plate, upside down, over skillet, and invert tortilla onto plate. Slide tortilla, cooked side up, back into skillet. Cook over low heat until completely set in the center, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate, and let cool slightly before cutting into squares or wedges.