- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Local frozen chicken drumsticks.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Oven-Fried Chicken Drumsticks
These simple oven-fried drumsticks make a fabulous meal. Flour is seasoned with paprika and poultry seasoning, along with a little curry powder and salt and pepper. The chicken is coated with the seasoned flour and then baked to crispy perfection in a hot oven. Bake these drumsticks for a tailgating event or a game day party at home. They’re perfect for a picnic, too! The recipe is easily scaled up or down.
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspooncurry powder
- 2 teaspoons poulty seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
Steps to Make It:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 450 F (230 C/Gas 8). Line two 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pans with heavy duty foil.
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in each foil-lined pan. Place the pans in the oven to melt butter.
- Coat the chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about three legs at a time in the bag.
- Place the chicken in the prepared pans in the melted butter.
- Bake the chicken legs in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
- Give the chicken a little Cajun zing! Replace the curry powder and poultry seasoning with 2 1/2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning. Reduce the salt to 1 teaspoon unless the seasoning is salt-free.
- Prepare the recipe with chicken thighs (on the bone) instead of drumsticks, or use a combination. Whole chicken legs are another excellent option.