- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
1kg portion local frozen chicken drumsticks.
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
Oven-Fried Chicken Drumsticks
These simple oven-fried drumsticks make a fabulous meal. Flour is seasoned with paprika and poultry seasoning, along with a little curry powder and salt and pepper. The chicken is coated with the seasoned flour and then baked to crispy perfection in a hot oven. Bake these drumsticks for a tailgating event or a game day party at home. They’re perfect for a picnic, too! The recipe is easily scaled up or down.
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspooncurry powder
- 2 teaspoons poulty seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
Steps to Make It:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 450 F (230 C/Gas 8). Line two 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pans with heavy duty foil.
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in each foil-lined pan. Place the pans in the oven to melt butter.
- Coat the chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about three legs at a time in the bag.
- Place the chicken in the prepared pans in the melted butter.
- Bake the chicken legs in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
- Give the chicken a little Cajun zing! Replace the curry powder and poultry seasoning with 2 1/2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning. Reduce the salt to 1 teaspoon unless the seasoning is salt-free.
- Prepare the recipe with chicken thighs (on the bone) instead of drumsticks, or use a combination. Whole chicken legs are another excellent option.