- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Our Kameelhout boerewors portioned in a regular thickness pork casing. 100g – 200g
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Beer-marinated boerewors kebabs with Cape Malay couscous
For the boerewors kebabs:
- 1 large red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 6 Portabellini mushrooms
- 250ml beer
- 30ml tomato sauce
- 30ml peach chutney
- 15ml garam masala
- 5ml Worcestershire sauce
For the couscous:
- 30ml olive oil
- 15mlmedium curry powder
- 15ml ground tumeric
- 5ml sesame seeds
- 5ml onion seeds
- 45ml peach chutney
- 2 large tomatoes- finely chopped
- 125ml tinned peaches – finely chopped
- 375ml couscous
- salt and pepper
For the tzatziki:
- 250ml double cream yogurt
- 250ml cucumber – finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- For the boerewors kebabs, soak 6 long wooden skewers in water, 30 mins.
- Cut the boerewors into 6 x 100g pieces and roll each one up into a swirl.
- Cut the onion into 6 large chunks and loosen each chunk to form 12 chunks.
- Cut the green pepper in half and deseed.
- Cut the pepper into 12 chunks.
- Thread a chunk of onion onto the skewer followed by a piece of green pepper, a sausage swirl, another chunk of onion, a piece of pepper and a mushroom.
- Repeat with the rest.
- Place the kebabs in a large Ziploc bag.
- Combine the beer, tomato sauce, chutney, garam masala and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine and cook, 1 min.
- Allow it to cool, 5 mins.
- Pour the marinade over the kebabs and refrigerate for at least 30 mins or overnight.
- Cook the kebabs for 10-15 mins over medium coals on the braai or in a smoking hot griddle pan; turning them over half way through the cooking process.
- For the couscous, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, sesame seeds and onion seeds and fry, 1 min.
- Stir in the chutney, tomatoes and peaches.
- Place the couscous in a large mixing bowl and stir in the fried spice mixture.
- Cover with boiling water – add just enough that the couscous is covered.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 mins.
- Loosen the couscous with a fork and season it to taste.
- For the tzatziki, stir all of the ingredients together and season it to taste.
- Serve the kebabs with the couscous and tzatziki on the side.
TIP: Onion seeds can be found in the spice aisle of certain supermarkets or at specialized spice shops. It is not essential and can be left out if needed.