- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Pork belly deboned, derinded & defatted
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
BBQ SMOKED PORK BELLY
- 1/4 cup sweet rub (See recipe below)
- 2 cups apple juice divided use
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4lb slab pork belly uncured
- Get your fire going in your smoker and preheat to 225 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top layer of fat on the pork belly in 1 inch squares. Don’t cut too deep, just barely into the muscle. Season liberally with the Sweet Rub on all sides.
- Place the seasoned pork belly on the grill and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (about 6 hours). Spritz with the apple juice every hour while it is cooking.
- Once the belly reaches 165, remove from the grill and wrap in heavy duty tinfoil with 1/2 cup of the apple juice. Seal the edges of the foil completely and return to the grill until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Carefully remove the belly from the foil and drizzle with the apple juices from the foil. Return the pork belly to the grill and brush with BBQ sauce. Cook on the grill for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the finished pork belly to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 more minutes before serving, You can shred like pulled pork or slice into cubes to serve.
The Best Sweet Rub for grilled Pork & Chicken
A good Sweet Rub for smoky chicken and pork is ESSENTIAL to have in your grilling arsenal and buying them from the store gets expensive. Up the flavor and lower the cost for your favorite grilled meats by making my sweet rub at home! A simple sweet based rub with pantry ingredients that will elevate and grilled or smoked meat!
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (hot or mild, whichever you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the rub. Stir well to combine and store in an airtight container. The spice mix will last in your cupboard for up to a month.