- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream)
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Saturday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Saturday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town, Hout Bay & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Mitchells Plain – Area not on a set route, delivery day subject to number of accumulated orders in the area.
- For the Beef Stroganoff:
- 1 lb top sirloin steak thinly sliced into strips*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb brown mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To Serve:
- 1 Tbsp green onion to garnish
- 8-12 oz egg noodles to serve
- US Customary – Metric
- Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and once oil is very hot, add thinly sliced beef strips in a single layer, cooking 1 minute per side without stirring. Cook until until just browned and no longer red. Sear beef in 2 batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautee 6-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions and mushrooms are soft and lightly browned.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and sautee 1 minute until fragrant. Add 1 Tbsp flour and sautee another minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1 cups beef broth, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan then add 3/4 cup whipping cream and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Stir a few Tablespoons of the sauce into 1/4 cup of sour cream to temper it so the sour cream doesn’t curdle then add it to the pan while stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, or season to taste and continue simmering until sauce is creamy. Add beef with any accumulated juices back to the pan and bring just to a simmer or until beef is heated through.
For best results, be sure your meat is either: Top Sirloin, Boneless Ribeye steak, Beef Tenderloin (Filet Mignon), or Filet Mignon tips.