- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
- For the Beef Stroganoff:
- 1 lb top sirloin steak thinly sliced into strips*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb brown mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To Serve:
- 1 Tbsp green onion to garnish
- 8-12 oz egg noodles to serve
- US Customary – Metric
- Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and once oil is very hot, add thinly sliced beef strips in a single layer, cooking 1 minute per side without stirring. Cook until until just browned and no longer red. Sear beef in 2 batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautee 6-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions and mushrooms are soft and lightly browned.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and sautee 1 minute until fragrant. Add 1 Tbsp flour and sautee another minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1 cups beef broth, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan then add 3/4 cup whipping cream and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Stir a few Tablespoons of the sauce into 1/4 cup of sour cream to temper it so the sour cream doesn’t curdle then add it to the pan while stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, or season to taste and continue simmering until sauce is creamy. Add beef with any accumulated juices back to the pan and bring just to a simmer or until beef is heated through.
For best results, be sure your meat is either: Top Sirloin, Boneless Ribeye steak, Beef Tenderloin (Filet Mignon), or Filet Mignon tips.