- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef short rib 10cm strips or cubed
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within 48 Hours. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Saturday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Saturday.
Paarl & Franschhoek – Tuesday
Stellenbosch, Somerset West & Overberg up to Kleinmond – Tuesday & Friday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Mondays and Thursdays.
False Bay Area – Wednesdays.
Beef short rib with garlic roast potatoes
- 6-8 beef short ribs
- 1 onion
- Chopped 3-5 garlic cloves
- Halved 5 ml mustard seeds
- 1 star anise salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml plum jam
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 3-4 cm fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Put the ribs in a large, wide saucepan and cover with water. Add the onion, garlic, mustard seeds, star anise, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1-1½ hours or until the meat is tender. Skim off any froth occasionally.
- Sauce: Mix the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Dip the ribs into the sauce, arrange in a roasting pan and spoon extra sauce over. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the ribs are sticky.
- Potatoes: Put the potatoes and garlic into a pot with water, season with salt and boil until the potatoes are soft. Transfer to a large baking tray, drizzle olive oil over and season with sea salt. Put under the grill for 5 minutes or until browned. Serve with the ribs.