- Delivery Information
- Additional information
- Cut Diagram
Beef short rib 10cm strips or cubed
Please note we endeavour to complete all deliveries within two working days. Below is a list of the main areas and the days we deliver to those areas.
Contact our friendly staff to confirm your delivery dates and times.
Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard – Monday to Friday.
Southern Suburbs up to Steenberg – Monday to Friday.
Northern Suburbs – Monday to Friday.
Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl Franschhoek & Overberg – Tuesday.
Table View, Sunset Beach & Blaauwberg – Monday to Friday.
False Bay Area including Muizenberg, Simon's Town & Kommetjie – Wednesday.
Beef short rib with garlic roast potatoes
- 6-8 beef short ribs
- 1 onion
- Chopped 3-5 garlic cloves
- Halved 5 ml mustard seeds
- 1 star anise salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml plum jam
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 3-4 cm fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Put the ribs in a large, wide saucepan and cover with water. Add the onion, garlic, mustard seeds, star anise, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1-1½ hours or until the meat is tender. Skim off any froth occasionally.
- Sauce: Mix the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Dip the ribs into the sauce, arrange in a roasting pan and spoon extra sauce over. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the ribs are sticky.
- Potatoes: Put the potatoes and garlic into a pot with water, season with salt and boil until the potatoes are soft. Transfer to a large baking tray, drizzle olive oil over and season with sea salt. Put under the grill for 5 minutes or until browned. Serve with the ribs.